Definitions and interpretation
Data - collectively all information that you submit to Big Day Images via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws;
Data Protection Laws - any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the Directive 96/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR, and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, for as long as the GDPR is effective in the UK;
GDPR the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679;
Big Day Images - we or us
User or you - any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Big Day Images and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Big Day Images and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and
Website - the website that you are currently using, bigdayimages.co.uk, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
"including" is understood to mean "including without limitation";
reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
4. For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, Big Day Images is the "data controller". This means that Big Day Images determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
5. The Lawful Basis for us processing your Data is that of Consent. When we collect your personal Data we will ask you to give your Consent to us holding and processing your Data for the purposes of the provision of our Wedding Photography services.
We ask for consent from both the Bride and the Groom.
How we collect Data
6. We collect Data in the following ways:
data is given to us by you; and
data is collected automatically
Data that is given to us by you
7. Big Day Images will collect your Data in a number of ways, for example:
when you contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, e-mail, face to face meeting or through any other means;
Data that is collected automatically
8. To the extent that you access the Big Day Images Website, we will collect some Data automatically, for example:
we automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us to make improvements to Website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you use and interact with its content.
Why we need the Data that you give to us
9. We collect a variety of basic information from you, in order for us to be able to meet your requirements for wedding photography and the subsequent production of prints and albums. The information which we collect includes:
Your Names (Bride and Groom)
The names of the Father and Mother of the Bride and Groom
The best Man’s name
Names of the Bridesmaids
Names of the Ushers
Names of relevant family members involved
Your Email Addresses (Bride and Groom),
Your Telephone Numbers (Home and Mobile for Bride and Groom)
Date Of Wedding
Address of Church/Registry office/wedding venue
Address of Reception
Keeping Data secure
10. We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
a. access to the system holding your Data is controlled by a user name and password that are unique to the Data Controller and frequently changed.
b. we store your Data on secure computer systems physically, directly under our control.
c. we do NOT, under any circumstances, share your data with any third party
11. The technical and organisational measures in place include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via this e-mail address: email@example.com
12. If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading business organisations.
We will hold your data for a maximum of 5 years and then we will delete it in a secure manner from both our operational system and our backup system.We hold data for up to 5 years to allow for requests for reprints and the production of additional or replacement albums.
14. Even if we delete your Data, certain elements of it (excluding images) may persist on off-line backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
15. You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
Right to access - the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is "manifestly unfounded or excessive." Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
Right to correct - the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
Right to erase - the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
Right to restrict our use of your Data - the right to "block" us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it.
Right to data portability - the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
Right to object – having given consent, you do NOT have the right to object to our use of your Data. You DO have the right, however, to withdraw your consent.
16. To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us via this e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
17. If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO). The ICO's contact details can be found on their website at
18. It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
20. Big Day Images may, from time to time, expand or reduce our business. However, we will never sell and/or transfer all or part of the Data held and controlled by Big Day Images to any third party
23. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
24. This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.